Thursday

A Voice

Last night, I heard Eli call my name. At least I thought it was. I went to Eli, but I woke him up instead. He said I should go back to bed. Then, about five minutes later, I heard him call my name again! I went back to him, but he said he had not called me. Then, a third time, I heard the voice again. I went to Eli and told him. This time, Eli got up. He said that he had been thinking about these callings. He said it was God speaking to me. He told me that the next time the Lord called me to respond by saying, "What is it Lord?" He called me again and I said what Eli had told me. The Lord told me that I was going to be a prophet for him. So, I will live for the Lord for as long as I live.

No comments: