Tuesday

Saul's Mistakes

Saul has been a lousy king! He does not obey me or the Lord! There was going to be a battle against the Philistines. Those people of Israel run and hide! They are wimps. Do they not know that we have the Lord on our side? Anyways, Saul was supposed to wait for me so we could burn the offering to God before the battle. However, Saul got anxious and hurriedly did the offering himself! I was almost there too! If he had waited longer, I would have been there. Can these people and king listen for once?!? I told him that his kingdom would not last, and that there would be another king anointed. Another one of Saul's big mistakes was that he did not listen again. The Lord instructed me to tell him that he was to destroy all of the Amalekites. He was not to take booty, spare, the king, animals, or the people. Saul was also instructed that he should kill even the women and children. Now, whether Saul understood this or not, God was doing this for the good of Israel. If Saul killed all the people, there would not be an influence of idols or pagan worship on the Israelites. But, of course, Saul dis not listen. Saul spared Agag, king of the Amalekites, the best of the livestock, and anything that was good. Saul tried to cover up by saying that he took the livestock to give as an offering to God. I was too smart for that, though. This time, I said with confidence, "You will no longer be a king." I grieve for him in my heart, but I know that he was not the one. From this day on, I swear I will never see Saul again.

No comments: