
The Lord told me to stop mourning for Saul today. He instructed me to fill up my horn with oil and got to Jesse's house. For one of his sons would be the future king. I saw the oldest of his sons, Eliab, and I thought, "Surely, this is the one who will be king. However, the Lord told me, "Man looks at the outward appearence, but the Lord looks at the heart." Soon enough, I had looked at all seven of the sons, but the Lord still told me, "None of these are the one." I inquired if there were any more sons. The answer was yes. It was the youngest son, and he tended the sheep in the field. When the servant brought him to me, theLord said, "Rise and annoint him. He is the one." So, I anointed him, future king of Israel. Meanwhile, Saul was being tormented by evil spirits that God sent. To solve this problem, Saul's advisers told him they would find a young boy who played the harp. One of them knew David, and suggested him. So, David became Saul's official harp player. Now, I hope that Saul does not figure out that I anointed him as future king of Israel.
-Samuel
No comments:
Post a Comment